Mathematical bets is the basis of any efficient strategy and successful betting is impossible without usage mathematics. Professional betters actively use that science for making wagers.
Role of mathematics in betting
Mathematics plays an important role in betting office customers’ activity. It can be used for making different calculations while choosing the strategy, determination of the bet size, profit planning, etc.
There are different formulas to plan a betting strategy and to minimize a risk of losses. Professional betters rely on precise calculations and usage of mathematical models rather than on simple luck.
Mathematical betting strategies
There are several schemes based only on scientific principles which allow to outplay bookmakers. Mathematical calculation of bets enables to increase the bankroll during a short period of time. For instance, many betters are fond of using Ladder strategy. Events with odds of 1.2-1.35 fit the strategy perfectly. The idea behind it is that the sum of the next after winning bet wager increases and the sum of potential winning increases as well.
For instance, the better makes his first $100 wager on the event with odds of 1.32 and wins $ 132. After that, the better makes another $132 wager on the event with the same 1.32 odds and wins $ 172. The next wager sum will be $ 172 and so on.
Flat is another mathematic betting strategy which is rather popular with the betters. It is based on choosing the fixed sum of a bet. As a rule, its initial sum does not exceed 5% of the bankroll. At the same after time several wins the better decreases it by 3%-4%. In that manner the sum of the bankroll increases whereas the sum of the bet remains practically intact. In case the better loses several times the sum of the bet increases by 7%. As a rule, increase in the bet sum is made after 5 or 6 losses.These two strategies are the most popular ones as they allow to keep the bankroll intact.
Analysis of bets from mathematical point of view
Mathematical calculation of bets is rather important for reaching a success in betting. It is based on comparing bookmaker’s analytical data with that of the better’s. The better’s own analytical data allows them to find underestimated by the bookmaker events and to make wagers with advance. That scheme allows to increase the bankroll volume in a long run.
A successful better should possess the information on the chosen kind of sport and to be able to calculate the likelihood of an event outcome. If the outcome likelihood value, according to the better’s prediction, exceeds that of the bookmaker’s, that event should be considered as an underestimated one.
Mathematical expectation of a bet
It is one more important direction of mathematics usage in betting. Once a strategy is selected, the better can predict the amount of profit they plant to gain. However, the return often is lower than the better expected and it becomes psychologically difficult to keep on betting.
If that is the case the better should act as follows: if the selected strategy allows to gain 25% of profit a month, the expectation should be lower, i.e. about 15%-20% of the bankroll. In that situation the better will gain the planned profit and sometimes even exceed it.
Mathematics usage in betting allows the better to minimize the risk of losses and to choose the optimal strategy.